Ari,

Thanks for clarifying the connectors used by the YiKaiEn iReader. Now I
understand why a lightning extension cable with male and female lightning
connections on either end is needed.

I've not found very many lightning extension cables on Amazon and I'm not sure
I've seen any listed as Apple certified. I did just find the Lightning
Extension Cable (2 foot, Black) for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6 / 6S / SE, iPad Pro,
and all Lightning Accessories; Full Functionality for Video, Data, Audio & More
Through Male to Female 8-pin Cable. dockXtender for Lightning by CableJive. But
at $25.95 for a 2-foot cable, it isn't cheap. I perused the Amazon reviews and
like most such reviews, they were across the board.

Here is the link to the item at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Accessories-Functionality-dockXtender-CableJive/dp/B00GP08858/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless

<https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Accessories-Functionality-dockXtender-CableJive/dp/B00GP08858/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1475095898&sr=1-1&keywords=lightning+extension+cable+Apple+certified>

&ie=UTF8&qid=1475095898&sr=1-1&keywords=lightning+extension+cable+Apple+certified

That's a long link that will no doubt break in most email clients so here's a
TinyURL to the same thing:

http://tinyurl.com/hxbs5dy

Alan Lemly