W1 Chip still has lag :(
Based on below excerpt, latency in w1 chip is less than most Bluetooth, but
latency /= 0 ms | /= Wired connection.
"... a RemoteTalk headphone cable with 3.5mm headphone jacks ...  This,
effectively, allows you to turn your Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones into a
pair of Beats Solo3 Wired Headphones. This is great for those times ... for
other occasions, such as low latency podcast monitoring (latency is
significantly less than most Bluetooth headphones, yet it’s still
discernible.)"
https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/15/hands-on-beats-solo3-wireless-the-first-available-headphones-featuring-apples-new-w1-chip-video/