Hi Mark,

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1 beta, and I cannot reproduce this bug. I 
changed by auto lock to 30 seconds, then wt into the basics part of the iPhone 
user's guide. There I went and did the continuous reading and didn't notice 
this bug. I was using VO the whole time. I didn't try it with VO off. I hope 
that kind of helps you. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Jenn

Jenn and Kumi

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 11:41 AM, M. Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Everyone,
> 
> My preferred method for reading iOS iBook titles is to use the two-finger,
> swipe-down VoiceOver gesture, in order to initiate continuous reading of the
> text.  Please note that I am not referring to the Speak Screen accessibility
> feature.
> 
> For whatever reason, using the method described above, continuous reading is
> cancelled if VoiceOver encounters either a hyperlink or headings marker, in
> the text.
> 
> I first discovered this, last night, while reading the Apple TV User Guide.
> The same phenomenon occurred when I tested my hypothesis with the iPhone
> User Guide for iOS 10 and iPhone User Guide for iOS 9.3.  
> 
> At first, I thought it was some kind of issue with titles produced by Apple
> but I tested a recently published (non Apple) title, that has a web link
> imbedded in the text, and, just as with the Apple manuals, after less than 1
> minute, the screen locked and reading ceased.  
> 
> It should be noted, that the hyperlinks that exist in the Table of Contents,
> used to jump to a specific area, does not cause interruption to the
> continuous reading feature.  I say this because titles in my Library,
> containing only such links, read as expected.
> 
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 
> 1.
> From Settings/General/Display and Brightness, set Auto Lock to 30 seconds.
> 
> 2.
> In iBook, open the Apple TV User Guide and, from the table of contents,
> select Home Sharing; or, open the iPhone User Guide for iOS 10 and, from the
> table of contents, select Basics.
> 
> 3.
> Once the desired page is displayed, perform the two-finger swipe-down
> VoiceOver gesture to initiate continuous reading.  
> 
> As I said, in my testing, each time either an imbedded hyperlink or heading
> is encountered, a short time later, the screen will lock and reading will
> stop.  
> 
> Please confirm if this occurs during your testing.
> 
> I would like to note that, this problem does not occur when using the Speak
> Screen accessibility feature.  While certainly useful in some instances, the
> Speak Screen feature is not my preferred method for reading iBook titles.  
> 
> Mark
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to