The only aspect that it digital is the talking function. Otherwise it works
just like any other thermostat.

Andy

From: Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 6:20 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Talking thermostat, analog or digital?
There are no analog thermostats that I know of that talk.  It requires digital
output to a speech chip to provide the spoken information.

I’m surprised your place cannot take anything but analog.

Honeywell, I believe it is, makes a very good tactile thermostat, which we
currently have.  It is a simple dial with good marks that are easy to feel and
my wife just put a bump dot at 70 on the moving part and the stationary part so
if I line them up it is set to 70 and I can judge moving it up or down from
there if needed.

We also have Air conditioning, so the same bumps work for that in the hot
weather.

The thermostat has a simple, three position switch with off in the middle, cool
in the down position and heat in the up position.

I’ll check and see if I can get the model number if you are interested.

I’d have the landlord talk to the folks at Talking Thermostats about the set up
for the VIP 3000 to make sure it wouldn’t work.

We are going to buy that one when we get our furnace service scheduled in the
next month or so.

Later,

Richard