I'm with you on thisk, there is such a thing as "Too Much!" and think we've
passed the threshold now. JMO, but a valid one.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:50 AM
Subject: The "Connected craze", was: COnnected Matress

It is very clear to me that being part of the “internet of things” and having
connected devices is apparently every manufacturer’s
dream these days. Of course there are many useful and convenient devices like
Wi-Fi connected thermostats, lights or doorbells, but
there are also a lot of useless ones out there. A “connected” mattress in my
opinion is one of the useless ones, if you want to
track your sleep there are plenty of options out there and I’m not at all sure
it is all that good to sleep on something that is
packed with sensors and electronics all of which emit radio frequencies and who
knows what else. I also totally question a $1,000
bed or mattress, anybody who tell sme that a matress at such a price point
which has all the features mentioned is supposed to be a
good matress is in my opinion full of it.
Next thing they’ll come out with a connected toilet which an app that tells you
the next time you need to go poop and if we are
lucky it may even include a scale which from 1 to 10 tells you how much it
stinks of course based on crowdsourced results from
others around the world who are in your age range and socio-economic class and
of course there will be a share button which let’s
you post all of this crap (oops, poor choice of words) to Facebook and Twitter
*smile*.

Regards and happy connected life,
Sieghard