You can read kindle or audible books.  In this case, I was referring to kindle
books.  You can move through audible books with the echo, but not kindle books.
 I hope this changes soon.  I originally got the echo for my husband for
Christmas.  Since I like the alexa voice and have kindle books, I got myself
the amazon tap.