I actually noticed that when I tried to save a file the other day.  When I
looked more closely, I just had to choose a location to save it.  Once I chose
a location, then all worked fine.
Try swiping past the save button until you get to the choose location button.
When you get to where you want to save the file, there is a choose button at
the bottom of the screen that you have to double tap to choose that location.
It will then take you back to the save button, it should no longer be dimmed
out.

Hope this helps,

Chris