Got a new 6S yesterday and found that it required me to use Itunes to get the
phone activated before I could continue with set up. So the device I wanted to
restore from did not have a current backup on the computer but only in the
cloud. I tried unsuccessfully to restore from the I cloud backup but could not
get that to work. Therefore I had to use an older backup. Now what I need to
know is if I can do a reset on the phone and then use the newer backup without
losing the activation of the phone?