In our case we have the same numbers we've always had. We both got our iPhones at the same time and those messages then became iMessages. But when I switched back to Android for a bit and was no longer using the iPhone, I couldn't get messages from her anymore. So this would be a bad thing in the event that something happened to your iPhone and you had to temporarily go to a backup device for a few days. I'm back to my iPhone now. I just switched to Android for the weekend.

On 10/17/2016 8:19 AM, Paul Richard McGann wrote:
to all,

I would rather leave imessage mode alone. it is very helpful identifiying people who use iphones and other people who don't use iphones. I know which one.also it would help you being aware thatpeople who use iphone are out of wifias it means these ones are out of wifi ranges and become text. I would not objec.t it is very helpful.

gordon, my sister, nieces and friends use samsung, asteroids and othersas I know the identifiy as I can see text. and I can see my other reliatives and special friends who use iphone, and it reads imessage. it is more likek aim. hope this helps you.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Dollar
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 1:40 AM
Subject: Re: iMessage standard SMS question

You will need to turn off the read receipt off. That is the reason is that
Apple is saying that in the case for nonApple will not be able to get it
when some android phones will not be able to receive them via text messages.

Hope this help you.

Scott Dollar

-----Original Message----- From: Shaf Patel
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 11:21 PM

Try turning off iMessages and see if that helps. She can also send her
messages to you as text messages by holding on the message and selecting
'send as text message'