I upgraded from a 6S to a 7, and have noticed some good VoiceOver
improvements and over all phone improvements. I had some random issues
with the 6S where some VoiceOver sounds would not play after a few
days, or other oddities happened. Such that I had to reboot my phone
in order to get things working correctly again. These may be isolated
incidents, but they were sure annoying when they happened. Since I've
had the 7, I haven't had any of those oddities come up. This may not
be a compelling reason to upgrade, but the better inner parts and
processor does make a difference on the 7/7 Plus. Though I may be
paying more per month to pay off myine and my wife's 7 phones, both of
us are glad we did the upgrade. Another thing that may not be a
compelling reason to upgrade but a good update all the same is the
sound on the new phones. With the extra speaker, you get much better
sound with less distortion when the volume is moderately or very high.
Though I often use earbuds at home, I don't really have to anymore.

Jmt,
Wayne

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt