From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2016 12:40 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: My SIRI rant, was: When adding a contact, question regarding label
choices

Hi Chip,

As far as I can see there is no such thing as “advanced” iMessage or Facetime
features. iMessage and Facetime either work or they don’t, if you have an
iPhone and the other person has an iPhone or iOS device with iMessage and
Facetime enabled then both features work and can be used with all their
functionality. It makes no difference if the number is labelled iPhone or not.
After all, you may know if your family members or friends have iPhones, but you
don’t know this necessarily of business contacts and so on and I don’t even
have the iPhone label, but I can still use all aspects of iMessage and Facetime
if I am contacting somebody who has an iPhone. Often I add somebody to my
contacts (I never ask if they have an iPhone or not) and when I send a text
message it tells me that it is an iMessage and then of course I have access to
all the new effects and so on and I know that most likely I can also call this
person with Facetime.