Sieghard,

With this particular issue, I never bother such so I stay out.

Yes to http and https differing each other.

Years back, the US federal government took strong action by taking about 100 or
so websites, meaning shutting them all down for good.  Many were scammers and
also “fake” sites to try to collect money, but they were caught off and
eradicated!

If I see something like this, I stay away from it.

Better safe than sorry!

Todd