Hi,

I just had time to download and try iDentifi a bit and I’m also impressed by
how well it works.
At first I tried it with about 4 or 5 pictures from my camera roll. I knew
roughly what they were, one was a picture of a shotgun held by one of my staff
which was identified as “Man holding black and brown hunting rifle”, the second
was my yellow lab playing in a small pond which iDentifi described as “yellow
lab puppy in water”, Tap Tap See said “Golden Retriever in mud”.
Then I had some pictures when my wife and I were at a dog park in Calgary.
iDentify described one as “Women in pink shirt looking at women in black shirt
and black pants beside dog in park”. Tap Tap See said “white short coated dog,
man and woman on green field during daytime”.
While iDentifi didn’t describe the dog, it was correct in describing the two
people.

Next I took a picture of a 4 Litre box of red wine and here I took the exact
same picture without moving my position with iDentifi and Tap Tap See. The wine
was identified correctly and exactly the same and pretty much in the same about
12 seconds as “Sawmill Creek Cabernet Sauvignon in box”.
Then I had a plastic bag with dried candied mango pieces and again both apps
identified it the same as “H&H Thai honey mango” or something like that, the
wording was identical and the time again 10 or 12 seconds for both.
Lastly I simply took a picture from maybe 3 feet away into the corner of my
kitchen counter where I have a Victorinox knife block and to the left were two
bottles. Tap Tap See said “Kitchen tool and Shilva bottle on marble table”. Not
too correct, first of all I have no idea what a “Shilva” bottle is and secondly
kitchen tools is pretty general, I forgive the marbele table even though it is
a counter and it is not marble.
iDentifi described it a bit more accurately I thought, I got “Two bottles
beside a knife block set”.

Overall I took one picture with iDentifi where I didn’t get a reply even after
one minute. I think maybe these long waits are glitches. All other pictures
came back in about 10 to 12 seconds, one took about 18 or 20 seconds. The photo
descriptions from the pictures in my camera roll were just as fast if not
faster.

Tap Tap See seems to also do quite well with pictures from the camera roll and
it seems with respect to product descriptions both do well and for me the time
it took was about the same for both.
But I think iDentifi as a first release and free app is definitely worth
keeping around in my collection of identification apps. Well done, Anmol.