From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2016 12:20 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iDentifi results

Hi Sieghard,
I think lots of assumptions are being made, but if you read the article that
was originally shared, it implies that this is done through something the
developer calls "computer vision." The article mentions that his code filled a
notebook about 2 inches thick.
You do have to have an internet connection for the app to work, so maybe it
uses crowd sourcing, I don't know. The implication was that it is all done via
the program. But who knows.
Maybe someone can do an interview with him and get more details.
I am perhaps easily impressed, but the fact that an 18 year old came up with
this, is kind of amazing.
Later,
Richard

“By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
- Satsuki Shibuya

(Sent from my iPod 6)

On Nov 30, 2016, at 7:42 PM, Sieghard Weitzel