From:   Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca>
To:     "viphone@googlegroups.com" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Date:   2016/12/07 11:54 AM
Subject:        RE: How can I make folders for photos, and label photos

I don't know of any really good way to do this with iOS.
There are various apps like Photo Voice which let you attach an audio label to
a photo, but basically they convert the picture into a small video file which
includes your spoken label, but I never found them intuitive to use.
If you allow the camera app to use your location it will at least tell you the
place where the pictures were taken which helps some. You can, of course, use
iDentifi to import a picture and get a description which often is quite good,
but of course that is slow and not something to do if you want to show somebody
a particular picture. Also, in iOS 10 iOS tries to provide a brief description
where possible, I have pictures of my dog which are identified as "Yellow Lab"
although my wife took a short video of him playing in a pond and Voiceover says
it's a bear. In short, there is no really good solution unless you want to put
the pictures onto a PC, group them in descriptive folders and then re-upload
them to your iPhone as albums, but you would have to use iTunes for this and I
am not sure how accessible this is currently.
Another option is to get sighted help and make albums with descriptive names
and then to put the pictures in your camera roll into these albums which still
doesn't label the individual pictures, but it at least groups them better.
Renaming pictures is just not possible natively in iOS.