Hi,

My partner received an iPhone 7 for Christmas and during the set up process she
enabled two factor authentication submitting her mobile phone number on which
to receive the verification codes.

Unfortunately, a couple of days later, upon trying to purchase music from the
iTunes store on her PC running Windows 7 she received, as expected, a
verification code on her phone.  The first thing she was asked was whether she
wanted to allow the sign-in on another device to which she double tapped allow.
 She was then presented with a six figure verification code which she entered
into the edit boxes in iTunes.  She then got an error to say the code was not
valid.  We requested a new code and this time I tried the process with the same
result.

Upon looking at the Q and As on the Apple website regarding two factor
authentication it seemed to imply that the Windows PC needed the iCloud control
panel installed which my partner currently doesn't have.  We therefore
installed it and again tried to sign in but have had exactly the same result.
This means my partner is currently unable to purchase anything using her
computer.

We called Apple support and they have recommended she turns off two factor
authentication as they have told her that a Windows PC cannot be a trusted
device - only an Apple product can.  They did offer to put her through to the
disability helpline but they advised her they only deal with Apple products and
as she was having problems with a Windows based one they wouldn't take her
call.

I will just say here that I, only a couple of weeks ago, also set up two factor
authentication and I have had no problem whatsoever.

Please can someone advise the best way for my partner to proceed?

With thanks and here's hoping,

Andrew