I haven't thought I would use Siri very much, but after reading the
list of things added, I can see myself using it a little on the new
iPhone. If I want to know what's on my calendar, then I can always
look in the notification center for that, or even in the calendar if
there are a lot of appointments. It would be handy if we could use
Siri in the calendar to go to certain dates, like November 14, 2013,
or "Siri, what day is December 2 on this year?" That would be a good
functional use of Siri. I don't see myself using Siri for typing or
the dictation feature since that's why I have Fleksy and a Bluetooth
keyboard, but who knows. I think that Siri has matured nicely and
there are some cool features of it in iOS6, but it's going to likely
take some more maturing for me to use everyday and rely upon it like I
know many people on this list and other places do.

That said, I was impressed this morning when I had to call Apple for
an issue related to reading through carrier and terms of service
agreements that I was told to confirm before the iPhone is sent to me.
I had trouble typing in the correct log-in information and finally
called Apple after several tries. This wasn't an issue I could
correctly summarize using their voice response system. Still, after a
couple of tries and speaking in my normal soft to moderate voice
volume, the system transferred me to a representative that was able to
help me. I recall thinking, "Wow, if this is an example of Siri
functionality, then I may use it more than I thought I would."

Regards,
Wayne Merritt

On 9/16/12, Raul A. Gallegos <r...@raulgallegos.com> wrote:
> Oh yes, I had forgotten. I've been using Siri to open any app I want.
> Since my 4S is still on iOS 5.1.1, this can currently only be done if
> jailbroken. Hmm, this can be done is iOS 6, talk about them taking jb
> tweaks and adding them to official iOS again. <grin>.
>
> --
> Raul A. Gallegos
> I was gonna try and start living my life on the edge but when i got
> there I tripped and fell off
> Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
> Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47
>
> On 9/15/2012 2:36 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
>> I can set a timer, but the stop watch doesn't work.
>> She just says, I can't help you with the stop watch.
>> But, in iOS 6, she will start apps, so maybe then it will work.
>>
>> Richard

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My websites: