I don't know how I got to it anymore, but I seem to remember something about 
high priority, medium priority, and low priority. I'm pretty sure this was in 
the maps app, but I seriously don't remember how I did it, or where it was. I 
tried to rediscover it just now, but didn't have any luck. Anyway, I can't be 
sure, but this may do what you want.


Thanks,
Ari

> On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:31 PM, M. Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hello All,   
> 
> I was just experimenting with the native iOS Maps app today and, as many of
> you already know, if one sets the tracking feature to, "On+Heading", then
> places VoiceOver focus on the, "My Location", area of the screen, as one
> travels down a road, cross street names and intersection info is quite
> accurately announced.
> 
> In fact, I enjoy this feature so much so that I am beginning to use the Maps
> app instead of Seeing Eye GPS or Nearby Explorer, when merely traveling down
> a street, with no particular destination in mind.  
> 
> There is, however, kind of a drawback in using the Maps app for intersection
> announcements, as least as far as I am concerned; said drawback being that,
> in addition to accurately providing intersection information, such as the
> names of cross streets, Maps also continuously announces points-of-interests
> as they are passed.  For me, this is too much information, especially when
> traveling in a vehicle as the announcements become somewhat cluttered.  My
> personal preference would be to have intersection/cross street
> announcements, only.
> 
> Does anyone know if there is a way to disable POI announcements in Maps?  
> 
> If POI announcements could be disabled, in the scenario I have described
> above, then the native iOS Maps app could quite easily make it possible for
> those of us who are visually challenged to enjoy basic GPS navigation
> without having to incur additional cost by purchasing third-party GPS
> navigation solutions.
> 
> I hope that those of you who participate in the iOS beta program will pass
> this topic and suggestion along to Apple developers.
> 
> Thank you,
> 
> Mark
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to