I just bought an iPad mini 4 through my carrier for $20.00 down. And yeah,
probably too should've waited. But, all that said, this feels just as snappy as
my Mom's iPad Air 2. My thinking is that the A8 drives the 7.25" screen as fast
as my Mom's iPad Air 2 drives the 9.25" screen. My .02 worth. Will I upgrade
someday? Sure. I had to settle for a 32gb anyway.

Egun On, Lagunak! (basque for G'day, Mates
Louie P (Pete) Nalda
MySpace.com/musikonalda
Facebook.com/lpnalda
Linkedin.com/in/lpnalda
Twitter: @lpnalda

> [...]
> did indicate that there was a slight difference in speed between the Mini 4
> and the Air, for me, it didn't sound worth the inconvenience of the bigger
> unit.
> Now, in 2017, if I were hearing that a new iPad might be in the offing, I
> might consider waiting to see what develops. But that wasn't the case when I
> got mine last April.
> Evan
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Ben Mustill-Rose
> Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 10:24 PM
> To: viphone@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: IPad Mini 4
>
> Hi,
>
> That depends on your definition of cope; mine's most likely different
> to yours so listing examples would be rather pointless.
>
> The CPU is the same one that is in the iPhone 6, so the question you
> have to ask yourself is if you'd buy a 6 in 2017 when there are 2
> newer options available.
> The cheaper price arguement doesn't work either: in the UK at least if
> you buy a mini from Apple you'll be paying £400. I recently purchased
> a brand new iPad air 2 for £330. Admitidly the bump in spec isn't
> huge, but a: that represents nearly a 20% decreace in price and b: one
> hopes that Apple will support it for slightly longer with iOS updates.
> To me at least, in 2017, the only reason I can see for someone to buy
> a mini is the smaller screen. To be fair this does make some
> difference to me - I was using a handfull of mini's to deliver a
> workshop the other day & they're much nicer to hold than the airs, but
> that definitely doesn't mean it makes sense to spend more money on a
> less capable device.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.
>
>> On 1/14/17, Victor Gouveia <victor.gouv...@rogers.com> wrote:
>> Hi Evan,
>>
>> I agree with you.
>>
>> I have a desktop computer that is at least three to four years old, while my
>>
>> daughter uses my laptop that is only a year old and much, much faster.
>>
>> Either way, it's still a great computer to use and so I use it on a daily
>> basis.
>>
>> I happen to know that there are people I know that are still using a
>> computer with Windows XP on it.  They don't use Internet Explorer, and just
>>
>> use Firefox, and they can't even get iTunes installed on it because the
>> latest version won't support it.
>>
>> Regardless of that, one does find that apps tend to get more and more
>> sophisticated and processor intense, and so end getting slower and slower.
>> The device ends up taking longer and longer to load apps, and the simplest
>> functions end up getting more difficult and time consuming.
>>
>> I agree with your mindset, as long as it will run it, why the heck not and
>> keep using a tried and true device.
>>
>> I'm still using a 4S and have no intention of upgrading to the 7, least of
>> all it's lack of a headphone jack.  Smiles.

>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the