From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
M. Taylor
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Naming Your Personal Digital Assistant

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know, there are plans in the works to allow some popular
digital assistants to respond to custom named prompts.

While, as far as I know anyway, Apple as not yet disclosed plans to allow
for this, it is my hope that someday, they will.

So, I was just thinking about what name I would like to use for Siri, were I
given the option.  Hence, the subject of this thread.

Of course, being a lifelong Star Trek fan, my first inclination would be to
set my trigger word to "Computer"; as in, "Computer, cancel my appointment
with Oprah for tomorrow."   (smile)

However, as I began to think about it, I decided that perhaps, just perhaps,
the word "Computer", may not be the best choice, in the long run.

So, I came up with three names that I would like to use for my AI or
personal digital assistant with one runner-up.  They are:

1.
Christine.

2.
Maggie,.

3.
Cecil.

Runner-up:  Bobby.

(Big Smile)

Okay, it's your turn, please reply with your 3 top choices for your AI, were
you given the option.

I look forward to reading all your replies,

Mark