Wow, I use to live in the cold capital of the country, in MN near the Canadian
boarder, and boy did it get cold up there.  I Now live in FL, where it barely
dips below 50 degrees, so I guess I take the warm weather for granted also even
though I have only ben here for 3 years.  But yes, not having a volume control
on the device would be a deal breaker for me too.  I haven’t gotten a pair in
my hands, but I suspect that based on the size of the AirPods, they probably
thought it would make the device bulky?  Who knows.