OK does the over the air update happen also via celular network or only wifi? I've got no Wifi thus mhy question.

El 19/09/2012 04:19 a.m., Scott Howell escribió:
There is no reason updating cannot be done over the air. There is no difference
because this is a major update, so regardless of a patch or not, folks will be
able to upgrade over the air. If that were not the case for some reason I am
quite certain APple would have stated something about this. Everyone has come
to expect OTA updates, so it would take a lot of change management to get folks
to use iTunes just for this update.
So, update away over the air.

On Sep 18, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Jonathan Mosen<jmo...@mosen.org>  wrote:

I don't know either way, but this is of course the first time there's been a
major version change since over the air updating was introduced. The over
the air updates we've had have effectively been OS patches to 5. But this is
a new version, so there's at least a possibility you may not be able to
update over the air.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2012 11:38 a.m.
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: What to do before upgrading to iOS 6

Hi,

Since IOS 5.0, all updates are able to be installed  wirelessly.  I don't
see why IOS 6 would be any different.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Sep 18, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Corey Michael Cook<corey.coo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I would like to add that Rob from the Today in iOS podcast suggests making
sure all of your apps are closed out before upgrading. Does anyone know if
we will be able to do this update over wifi or if it must be done in iTunes?

Corey Cook
Facebook:
corey.coo...@gmail.com