From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of James Mannion
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:04 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Passbook

I wondered the same thing and a google search turned up this link.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22804

In order to use the Passbook you must add a pass; otherwise, you'll only see
a generic welcome screen.
Step One
Using your device, navigate to
http://www.passsource.com
, a site that was created by Kudit to help generate passes.
Tap to select a pass you would like to generate.
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84142/84142.png
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84143/84143.png
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84144/84144.png
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84145/84145.png
Step Two
Input the details required for the pass. Note: Some pass types will let you
fully customize the pass with everything from location to barcode to color.
Press the Create button once you've entered all the pass information.
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84146/84146.png
Step Three
The pass will then be opened in Passbook. Press the Add  button at the top
right to add the pass to your Passbook.
entry/lightview.php?location=/images/tutorials/22804/84147/84147.png
Step Four
You can now open Passbook from the Springboard to view your passes.
Sure it is an old post, but that site may still exist and it gives the idea.

Jim