Hi,
Like others on the list, I was a member of the 96% club, but after a bit, while
I was on a call on my land line, the update finished up and the phone announced
that it was about to restart.  Naturally, speech went away and all activity
appeared to stop, at least audibly.  While I waited, and waited... and waited
some more, I took the opportunity to install the latest iTunes on my laptop.
When that was done, I unplugged and reconnected the phone, and iTunes told me
that the phone was at IOS 6.0.

Somehow I got speech back on the phone but I really can't say exactly how that
happened.  When it did, there was an iPhone icon in the center of the screen
and another one at the bottom, which, when I found it, was spoken in some sort
of foreign language that sounded vaguely Asian but I couldn't say if it was
Chinese or Korean; I really have no idea.

I tapped the iPhone icon and was told to enter my Apple ID password so that I
could set up iCloud and iMessage.  Once I did this, and dealt with the
obligatory license agreement and yadayadayada, lo and behold, my Home screen
appeared and I breathed a sigh of relief.

So all appears to be well, and my first impression is that my iPhone 4 seems to
be a bit snappier in its response, but time will tell.

Just wanted to recount my experience with the update.

Tom
.