Hi Tara,

If you double tap on the “My Info” button at the top (second from the left) and
then on “Settings” at the top right of that next screen then you can see your
balance and subscriptions.
Once the Settings screen opens, touch the screen at the very bottom above the
home button, then swipe right  until you hear “My Account and Settings” and
after that if I swipe right I hear, in my case, “Skype credit: 7.79 CAD” and if
I swipe right again I get “Subscriptions: 2”.
Both of these are buttons, if you double tap you can add money and see your
subscriptions (for me it shows my World 60 minutes mobiles and landlines with
Office 365” and it even shows me how many minutes I have left until when the
date rolls around and then it shows my “Germany 200 minutes mobiles and
landlines 12 months” and again how many minutes I have left in this months.

All in all this new Skype app is a disaster even if it’s a mostly accessible
disaster *smile*.
In Germany Whats App is very popular and most of the people I call or message
with on a regular bases including my 75-year old Aunt have Whats App and I use
it wherever I can and only turn to Skype if I don’t have another choice.
When iOS 10 first came out and I opened a contact from my contacts app there
was an option to call that person via Skype. This was great because I really
didn’t have to go into Skype to make a call. Unfortunately this option
disappeared at some point and I have no idea why Skype doesn’t bring this back,
Whats App is still an option in Contacts and while you can use SIRI to place a
Skype call if that person is in your Skype contacts, it’s still strange.