Thanks so much.  I’m very glad to have a clear picture now and not
misunderstand what Apple TV box does.

Vivian and Barbee "That's Barbee with 2 E's and not the doll."

blazie.g...@gmail.com

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
MamaPeach
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 10:42 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple TV Recommendation

Adding the Apple TV will not make your TV accessible for selecting and watching
cable content, but when you switch to the apple TV set top box while it is
connected to your TV, certain apps that are on the Apple TV (or that you
install to the Apple TV) are accessible. NetFlix is accessible and Hulu is also
accessible. There are other apps that you can get that are accessible too, some
do require a cable subscription, but if you want the Apple TV for specifically
accessing NetFlix, purchase the Apple TV 4th generation. The 32 gig, the
smallest that they make, would probably be what you’d want, but there is also a
64 gig model available. Again, the Apple TV will not make your TV accessible.
There is also a Samsung TV that I recently was given as a 50th birthday present
that has talking menus, but that runs almost $300 for a 32 inch. I am able to
access NetFlix and Hulu with this television. You did say you weren’t gonna
purchase a new TV, so the Apple TV would be the way to go.