From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Feir
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 4:04 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Battery status of Apple Bluetooth keyboard

There are some products which communicate their charge level to your iOS
device. You can either find out on the status line at the top of the screen or
in the Battery section of the today view which VoiceOver called page 1 of your
home screen. Sadly, many external batteries and other peripheral devices like
Bluetooth keyboards simply don't do this. There is often absolutely no
accessible way to determine batterly level short of using an app like Identifi
or Seeing AI to try and take a picture and get a description of how many small
lights are indicating battery charge. That's not an easy approach but it's the
only wild idea I have which has occasionally worked for me. The Harbolt company
sells a 15000 MA external battery which gives vibration and audio indicators of
charge level. It's the only such device I've ever come across.

Short of acquiring something like that, the only approach is to maintain good
charging habbits and plug things in to charge regularly so they're not out of
power while you need them.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:41 PM Anthony Vece
<ajv...@gmail.com<mailto:ajv...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I would also like to know the answer.

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Danney Yates
> <dwyat...@windstream.net<mailto:dwyat...@windstream.net>> wrote:
>
> I have a new Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I am uncertain how to know when it
> needs to be charged or how to check battery status.
> Can anyone offer any help with this?
> Many thanks, Danney Yates.

> email to
> viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:viphone%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
> To post to this group, send email to
> viphone@googlegroups.com<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.

viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:viphone%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
To post to this group, send email to
Michael Feir
Twitter: mfeir
Skype: michael-feir
Check out my blog at:
http://www.michaelfeir.blogspot.ca

Currently writing Personal Power: The iOS Edition
Regular presenter on Kelly And Company
Learn about iOS, audio dramas, podcasts and accessible games
Thursdays at 4:15 PM Eastern
Www.ami.ca/kellyco<http://Www.ami.ca/kellyco>

Creator of Journeys of the Mind lectures
2015
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2015/01/journeys-of-mind-play-is-where.html?m=0

Volunteer at New Horizons Peel Multicultural Centre
www.peelmc.ca<http://www.peelmc.ca>
2014

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church
www.meadowvalecrc.ca<http://www.meadowvalecrc.ca>
2013--2014

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004

To post to this group, send email to