Apple's chips definitely shine with some benchmarks, but I've read the real world benchmarks are much closer, especially with the additional RAM you get on Samsung phones, and the article being referred to here does make this point.

I wouldn't have a problem with the touch ID sensor being placed on the back of the phone. I'm not a fan of where it's located on the S8, which is next to the camera lens, but I've heard that on other Android phones it's place below the camera lens, and I can see where this would be real convenient. I can imagine myself just swiping the sensor on the back of the phone while holding it without having to move my hands much at all.

The iPhone has consistently beat Samsung's phones when it comes to real-world
speed tests and camera performance and I have little doubt that the A11 chip
will continue to whip Samsung's butt in this respect and that people who care
about truly good photos will prefer the iPhone 8/8 Plus and X over Samsung.
Of course the Note 8 beats the iPhone 8 Plus screen in terms of screen size
relative to phone size and in terms of pixels/quality since the 8 Plus does not
have an OLED screen so here comparing the two is like comparing Apples and
Oranges (pun intended).
I was wondering when Apple said the iPhone X had two hours more battery life if
they were comparing this to the 7 or 7 Plus. According to this article they are
comparing it to the Plus models so if the X truly has 2 extra hours of battery
life compared to a 7 Plus or 8 Plus then then that is quite remarkable.
Everybody who is interested in biometrics knows that Samsung's Face Id is a
joke since you can unlock your phone with a photo so if I assume this can be
turned on or off I wonder who would even turn it on considering this is the
case.
I am surprised that considering how long fingerprint technology has been around the
author said they had a lot of trouble with the fingerprint sensor on the Samsung. Of
course putting it on the back of the phone in my opinion is stupid, they should have at
least incorporated it somewhere on the side. For a while the rumours were Apple would put
Touch Id on the back of the phone and the reactions I heard were consistently
"Please, Apple, don't do this".
As for retina scanning that sounds like a big pain in the butt. I mean here
people are already worried how easy and fast it is to unlock with Face Id where
all you have to do is glance at the phone from a couple of feet away. I am
quite sure with retina scanning you have to really line up the phone with your
eye to do it and as one article points out, something you do 80 times a day
needs to work quickly and more or less flawlessly. Of course this does not even
consider the fact that retina scanning is probably a no-go for many blind
people, certainly those with prosthetic eyes.