The answer to pretty much all of your questions is yes. i find that the services are pretty much the same, in fact many drivers drive for both services. I find the apps easy to use, but i guess that's a matter of skill level, self confidence, etc. Yes, you pay with a credit or devit card, and this info is given when you set the app up. Yes, you can make stops along the way. Yes, you can schedule a ride for someone else, but it will be charged to you. With lyft, you choose a tip amount, and it is added to the charge on your card. I believe that you can tip Uber drivers with cash, if you prefer. Each company offers several ride options that vary with your geographical area. In large cities like L. A. for example, Uber and Lyft both have a shared ride service which saves you some money if you don't mind sharing the ride with another passenger. I find that the trips are intuitively scheduled, so you are not taken much out of your way to pick up and drop off the other passenger. In some cities Uber has a service called Access which uses a wheelchair equipped vehicle, and the drivers receive additional training for serving folks with disabilities. i do not know if Lyft offers this service. in some cities, you can schedule rides in advance. I know you can do this with lyft, not sure about Uber. The web sites for both are very informative, and will tell you which services are available in your particular area. There is also a service for seniors called Go Go Grandparent, which allows you to order these rides by making a phonecall. This service is offered by Great Call, You can call 855 464-6872 to sign up and order rides from this service. Note that there is an additional charge per ride when you use this service.
HTH!
Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terri Stimmel" <icecreamlove...@outlook.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 5:57 AM
Subject: Questions regarding Uber, or Lift

Hello all,

I know there have been many questions on this list, regarding both of
these services. Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with the threads,
because I don't travel alone. Just a personal choice.

However, now I have some questions about both services.

First of all, is there a difference in the services?

Is 1 better over the other? I know that will be opinion. But sometimes
there isn't anything wrong with this.

Is 1 App easier to use than the other?

Now if I set up 1 of these Apps on my phone, do you always have to pay
with a card?

And if the App is on my phone, can I send an Uber, or Lift driver to
maybe pick a friend up, as long as the charges are set to my card?

Also, will you know ahead of time how much a trip might cost?

What does each App go by, when it comes to pricing?

Any help with any of this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Terri