Hello everyone,

I have had a rather odd situation come up, and I do not know at all what
to think.

Back in the beginning of September, I bought an iPhone SE, from a
gentleman on Craig's List, who purchases phones, then sales them.
According to him, whenever he gets an iPhone, he holds on to it for a
few weeks, before listing it, to make sure there aren't any issues.

Well I asked him last week, if he might have an SE with more space,
around December, or so. He told me he would see what he could do. And he
asked me in the mean time to get the phone I have on the T-Mobile
network, unlocked. He said this would make it easier for him to sell. He
was going to take this phone back, as a partial trade.

Well, I called yesterday to see what I needed to do. I was told by
T-Mobile, that this phone had tried to be unlocked on the 19th. But
that's not possible! But they said they could do it again. I told them
that I never received unlocking instructions, or any emails from them,
regarding such a thing.

Well, I was told by the gentleman on the phone, that within 24 hours, I
should receive an email with instructions on how to unlock my phone, and
a code. This never happened. But here is where things get really weird!

At about 9:15 this morning, which would have been about 24 hours from my
call to T-mobile, yesterday, my phone lost service. So when my friend
arrived, I asked her if she had service. I thought maybe there was an
odd outage. But she had service. So we went to the T-Mobile store.

I explained everything to the woman that was there, and I could tell she
wanted to try and help me. But the guy that was working there, had her
go do something else, and I got the feeling he was trying to blow me
off. So did my friend. I had tried to explain everything to him, and he
just kept saying that I should go to the Apple store.

Well we left, and as we sat in the parking lot, I called T-Mobile on my
friend's phone. I explained what went on yesterday when I called to get
it unlocked. I explained what happened this morning, and how quickly it
happened. And I told them I had gone to the local store to try and get help.

Well somehow, this phone was blocked. It was reported stolen.

Now how could that happen so suddenly?

So I contacted the man I bought the phone from, to begin with, and he
told me that the phone didn't need to be unlocked, that only Android
phones had to be unlocked.

This does not sound correct to me. But I know very little about this stuff.

Also, if it didn't need to be unlocked, why would he have asked me about
doing it the other day?

So needless to say, I had to go back in to the T-Mobile store. I went
with the LG K20 Plus, like I had tried once before. I only went with
that 1 again, because I didn't have to put anything down, and everything
else was so high, anyway.

I called T-mobile again, once I got home. They kept asking me if I could
get hold of the original owner of the phone. I think I told them 3 times
at least, that I didn't know who the original owner was.

So supposedly, this is being looked in to, and I should here back from
T-Mobile by Friday, at the latest. Yes, lets just see what really
happens there. Insane!

Thank you to all who may have read this. I do appreciate it.

Terri