I would want the sim free one for the same reasons listed below. Now, grin, I likely wouldn't go to another country or leave AT&T, but I still want the freedom to do so, just in case.

I knew the Verizon models came unlocked, but I didn't want to run into any possible problems activating since the phone would have initially come from Verizon. Does anyone know if the iPhones for specific carriers have any markings or emblems or the like indicating they are from that carrier? I do realize the phone would have a carrier sim which one could remove.

Also, glad you got the Verizon model and it worked, even if you are with T-Mobile. For, if I'm understanding things correctly, if one purchases the iPhone for carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, even if you pay full price or get on the upgrade program so the phone is unlocked, it still can't be used on carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.

----- Original Message -----
From: Kliphton Miller <kliph...@icloud.com
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 21:42:06 -0400
Subject: Re: anyone got an IPhone 10?

well, I don’t know why others prefer the sim free model, but I prefer it so if I so choose I can travel to other countrys and not pay higher roaming chargers. Also, if I choose to jump back and forth between carriers because one might have a better deal is another reason. I googled unlocked iPHone x today, and it told me that verizon phones come unlocked. Also said that if you order directly from apple, you choose a carrier, but it’s unlocked when you receive it, only the simm card that is shipped with it locks it to that carrier. I know this to be true about verizon phones. I am with t-mobiel, and they didn’t get any in store today. So my friend let me purchase one on his verizon account, I popped my t-mobile sim card in, and it works just fine. So if there were any doubt, now you know. Also face ID is easy to setup, I ran into no issues at all, took less than 30 seconds.