From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Chris Chaffin
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:10 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: voice over bug, badge app icon

>From further investigation, I have learned that the badge app icons only
>disappear after you open the app then close it with your home button and go
>back to your home screen.
For example, I had 3 app updates, so I opened the app store, downloaded 1
update, then hit the home button to go back to my home screen.  Even though I
still had 2 app updates, my badge app icon for the app store was gone.
I have also learned that this is a voice over problem, not an ios problem.  I
got a sighted family member to look, and there is a number 2 beside my app
store icon on my home screen, even though voice over sees nothing.
As I said previously, the only way to fix it is to restart your phone, and
sometimes you are forced to reset your phone in order to fix it.

I am running ios 11.1 on an iPhone 6.
I am thinking this is a voice over bug in ios 11.1, but wanted to check if
anyone else is continuely having this problem.

Thanks,

Chris