Hi,
I have the same settings as you do however under Outlook 2016 it is not working as advertised; and like I said Microsoft has been able to duplicate the difficulty as was reported. Again I know this is perhaps beyond the scope of this list I only mentioned it in case it had any similarities to the original poster's difficulties.
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: M. Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 2:46 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Suddenly Gmail messages are not being deleted from the server

Hello Robin,

I use MS Outlook 2007 on a Windows PC.

This means, that I must manually move deleted messages into the Trash folder located under the All gMail area. However, once I do this, should I then choose to delete all of the contents from that Trash folder, either in Outlook or from my Mac's mail client, those messages are permanently deleted from the gMail server and are no longer part of my account.

Were I to use a newer version of Outlook, simply pressing the Delete button on my keyboard would automatically move the message(s) into the correct Trash folder.

Regardless, I have my gMail account setup to automatically delete any messages in the Trash folder that have been there for longer than 30 days.

In iOS, I have the native mail client setup to automatically move deleted messages into the correct gMail folder, with the same results.

Mark