Pretty disappointing that Canada isn't included in the initial release. By the
time Apple finally gets around to this many will have already adopted the Alexa
or Google Assistant platform. I'm sure Apple fans will buy this speaker, but
especially now with Google having released their version of a self-tuning,
higher-end Google Home speaker this will make the Apple Homepod less
attractive. What might work even more against it is the new Sonos 1 speaker
which currently supports Alexa and which by early 2018 (maybe even before the
HomePod is released) will also support Google Assistant. Of course it
integrates seamlessly with the Sonos system a lot of people already have,
people who own Sonos products will know that it sounds great and I'm pretty
sure it's only the beginning of more Sonos smartspeakers. The Sonos 1 is
basically a Play 1 as smartspeaker which means most likely there will be a
Sonos 3 and Sonos 5 coming. I called Sonos with some questions and was told
that it is their goal to support all digital assistants out there. This means
Cortana will most certainly be added as well and while Apple may not give them
access to SIRI for years to come, I could see how in 4 or 5 years SIRI will be
made available to them and I think third-party speakers which support all the
major digital assistants are the way of the future. Also consider that a Sonos
1 is $199 in the States and $249 in Canada which is a very competitive price.

Has somebody who is a frequent user of Alexa bought one? I'd love to hear some
feedback how it works compared to the various Amazon Echo products.

Best regards,