Well, now that I know more about this feature, I was able to quickly clean up
my phone of out dated  and no longer used apps.

Thanks again guys!

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Wayne Merritt
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 1:08 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Edit Mode

Hello Reg. In iOS 11 you can opt to have the edit mode turned on or
off with VoiceOver. If it is on, then you just have to flick up/down
on an app or folder on a home screen and VoiceOver will announce
editing. If the option is turned off, then you will have to double tap
and hold to turn on editing mode. Like Sieghard, I'm glad they removed
the extra verbage from the announcement we got in iOS 10 when on the
home screen. I did like this new thing with the ability to turn the
feature on or off depending on how you wanted things to operate. Until
that is I accidentally flicked ever so slightly on my home screens and
heard VoiceOver announce "editing", and then I quickly flicked up or
down again to go back to the default selection mode. To turn this
feature on or off, go to the VoiceOver settings, which is
settings/general/accessibility/VoiceOver, and then toward the bottom
you will hear Rotor, and then Rotor Actions. Double tap the rotor
actions item, and you can select whether you want this to be turned on
or off. I do like the convenience of flicking to the editing option,
but I have also almost deleted apps at times, and I don't like that at
all.

Hth,
Wayne

Connect with me on GoodReads: