i did share feedback with vfo groups colleagues, and they want to hear for you if yo want 20 instead of 14, let them know.

sincerely,

rich

On 2/4/2018 12:13 PM, Devin Prater wrote:
Oh I’d be fine with the 20 cells. I don’t like large braille displays. I’d love the Focus 14 the most.
Devin Prater
Assistive Technology Instructor

, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, andPowerpoint instructor certified by World Services for the Blind

On Feb 4, 2018, at 11:12 AM, Andrew J. LaPointe <alapoint...@comcast.net <mailto:alapoint...@comcast.net>> wrote:

*The only thing at this point I wish the Orbit 20 had is 40 cells... After awhile, hitting the panning switch gets tiring. *
*From:* llump...@austin.rr.com <mailto:llump...@austin.rr.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, February 04, 2018 12:05 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* RE: best braille display in general
From the demos I’ve heard, its refresh rate was very slow and made a left-to-right thrashing sound when it refreshed. From the techtalk podcast of the Braille Me, I think its refresh rate is much faster and much quieter. *From:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Devin Prater
*Sent:* Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:02 AM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
I wish I could get my hands on an orbit for a while, to see if it’s durable enough to use for years. I know, at $400, even if it isn’t durable, it’s cheap enough to replace every few years.
Devin Prater
Assistive Technology Instructor
<image001.png>
, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint instructor certified by World Services for the Blind

On Feb 4, 2018, at 10:54 AM, Andrew J. LaPointe <alapoint...@comcast.net <mailto:alapoint...@comcast.net>> wrote: *Hi, thank you for this reply... I for many years, have not spent money on products such as Braille Displays or Printers and other high priced devices.  Before I pull the    trigger on a nice Braille Display, I need to know that what I choose, I will find that the money is well spent.* *I am using the Orbit 20 and absolutely love it!!  I read books and played a bit with the remote I Os side of it.  My only problem is, I just don’t have any idea of the others besides the Vario Ultra 40 of which I had about an hour demo with. $4,000 scared me especially that there was around $400.00 warranty.  Too much money for uncertainty.  Again, thank you for your reply.  Andy and Shubert*