Hello Ben,
Yes, I also get the TTS in addition to VoiceOver with the new YouTube
app  on the  fourth generation Apple TV.  From my testing of the app,
it does not seem like one can disable the TTS; it seems like a setting
that gets enabled when it detects that VoiceOver is on. I did notice
though that the parts of the app are accessible with the TTS at least
and I could disable VoiceOver after getting into the app. I am not
sure what occurs when a video starts playing if those controls are
still accessible when VoiceOver is disabled.