You would probably be just as happy with the Echo second generation. It's got nice sound and will play a few different music sources. You can blue tooth your iPhone and play music that way or even connect it to whatever you want. And it's not going to cost you over $300. You can subscribe to Amazon music like I did for $7.99 and the app works really well on the iPhone. There's an Alexa button which is almost as quick as using Siri to play Apple music. And the music subscription can be used on all of your devices. You can even get Amazon music just on your Alexa device for $3.99 if you prefer that.