I pull off a square of kitchen roll for jobs like this, though might still
dampen the sound, worth a try.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:05 AM
Subject: RE: HomePods are staining wooden tables with a white ring, The Verge

Ah, what a disaster, how about you just put something other than cloth on your
table if this is a concern? I can't believe all the
stuff they are digging hard to find to bash the product. Don't get me wrong, I
am not planning to buy one soon since I already have
Sonos all over my house, but that certainly wouldn't be a reason for me not to
buy it.