In my case, instead of copying the file to dropbox, , I right click on the file
and select send to, then select email recipient.  I open the attachment on my
ipad mini and select import into voice dream reader.

From: Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2018 3:28 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Kindle Book free sample

Yes, you have to download the books on your PC using the older Amazon Kindle
version that I provided.
What is nice, is once you then also utility, you can right click on the
downloaded Amazon Kindle file and select Codex from the context menu and
convert to epUb, then have it put you in that folder so you can copy the .epub
file to dropbox, or wherever you want to put it so you can add it to Voice
Dream Reader.
Yes, it is a few extra steps, but it keeps the books markup so any chapter
markings are preserved for navigating in Voice Dream Reader.

I hope that helps.

Richard