From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Sieghard
Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 4:15:27 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Help Needed with Screen Recording not Capturing Audio

Hi Godwin,

I finally grabbed my bluetooth speaker which also has a 3.5mm input jack so it
can be used as a bluetooth speaker or as a wired speaker. When I used it
wirelessly via bluetooth Voiceover switched to the phone’s earpiece as soon as
I turned on screen recording. However, when I used a 3.5mm male-to-male cable
to connect my iPhone’s headphone jack to the speaker’s input jack screen
recording worked fine, Voiceover continued to play through the external speaker
after I started screen recording.

I did try various other options such as turning off audio ducking, turning off
automatic switching to speaker for phone calls in Voiceover Settings > Audio
and also in Accessibility Settings > Audio Routing I switched the setting from
automatic to speaker, but none of these things helped. Each time when I tried
screen recording Voiceover switched to the earpiece and the only work-around
currently as far as I am concerned is to connect an external speaker using a
wired connection.

I should say also that I have an iPhone 6S Plus and I am using the iOS 11.3
public beta 5 so while many may still be on 11.2.6 it does not appear that this
bug is fixed in 11.3 at least not so far. My guess is there might be one more
beta 6 next Monday or Tuesday, March 19 or 20 and that the iOS 11.3 public
release will follow the week after, between Monday, March 26 and Wednesday,
March 28. Of course it is quite possible that public beta 5 was the last beta
and that iOS 11.3 will be released to the public next week.

I will again write to Apple Accessibility and tell them that in my opinion this
is a bug and hopefully others will do so as well.

Best regards,
Sieghard