I have an iPhone 7 and am also experiencing  excessive battery drain
that I did not have with iOS 11.2.  I noticed that the mail app was
draining the battery a lot, even though I barely use it. the only way
to stop background activity in the mail app is to put the iPhone in
low power mode. When I did this, I then had the normal slow battery
drain.  I would recommend to anyone to do the same.

Kelly