Hi Katya,

I realize that what I’m about to write here is not going to mitigate the
“update” frustrations, but I don’t think that Apple engineers are doing any of
this intentionally.

Rather, what I believe we (the VoiceOver user community) are experiencing is
one of the serious flaws of Object Oriented Programming languages (i.e., C++
and others).  That is, the propensity to introduce unintended consequences.  So
much of code in OOP is “hidden” from the programmers in favor of a more
automated to coding that situations can arise that were not ever considered
possible.

I’m confident that Apple engineers will get this resolved, but it does appear
that VoiceOver integration testing is somewhat lacking - no doubt!

- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their
guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
- US Humorist, Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)