Hello,

There has been a discussion on Applevis lately that some of you may have read
and followed.

The topic I refer to is concerned with adding labels to images and their use
with VoiceOver.

Packages like Envision AI and TapTapSee allow us to save an image along with
the description obtained via the app.

This information is held in the Image Description field of an image and can be
updated and changed by packages like ExifEditor and announced by VoiceOver.

One solution to the graphics labelling question that was posted on Applevis was
to use the double-tap and hold method available with VoiceOver to write a
description.  However if you modify the image with other software this label is
lost.

So my question is this.  How are labels treated by Voiceover what criterion is
used to determine the match between the object and its label.  Where are these
object labels stored.

As an experiment I attached a VoiceOver label to a photograph and launched the
Photos App on another iPhone and the label I applied using my first device was
spoken by my second one.  So obviously this information was shared by both
devices.

Any information gladly received.

Malcolm