Martin is correct, there is such a feature, but I would say it is not something
which is accessible for a completely blind person since you have to first tap
exactly on the face of the person in a photo which you want to name. A Quick
Google search resulted in the following Apple article about this feature:

About people in photos on your iPhone, iPad or iPod
Touch<https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207103>

Here is most of the text from that article:
The Photos app recognizes the faces of people in your photos and groups them
together. You can give names to faces, mark your favorites, and explore all the
photos that a person appears in.

Here's how it works
Sort your images by your favorite subjects — the people in your life. The
Photos app uses advanced computer vision to scan all of your photos and
recognize the people, scenes, and objects in them. Then you can see the best
photos, videos, and Live Photos of each person in your collection. Depending on
the number of photos you have, you can watch a Memory movie of them too. And
when you have iCloud Photos turned on, the people you favorite or name stay up
to date on all of your devices running iOS 11 or later and macOS High Sierra or
later.

Find your friends in the People album
Photos organizes the images of your family and friends in your People album.
You'll see a face thumbnail for each person your device recognizes.
1. Open the Photos app.
2. Tap the Albums tab.
3. Tap the People album.

Want to see even more People in your album? Just open a photo of someone that
you want to add, then swipe up to see a thumbnail of that person under People.
Tap on the thumbnail. Tap Add Name, then type the person's name (or tap the
name if Photos suggests it). Tap Next.
If the app has found that person's face in any other photos, it shows them to
you. Confirm the photos that you want to associate with the name, then tap Done.

Name a face in the People album
Put a name to a face
Add a name to your photos to help keep your library organized. Photos
intelligently suggests names from your Contacts or you can enter one yourself.
1. In the People album, tap the face that you want to name.
2. Tap Add Name at the top of the screen.
3. Select the person's name, or finish entering it. If you're using iOS 11 or
later, tap Next.
4. Tap Done.

Sometimes, the same person is identified in more than one group. To merge all
of the photos under one group, tap Select, then tap all of the thumbnails that
show the same person. Tap Merge at the bottom-right corner.
Groups also merge if you give them the same name.