  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:31 PM
  Subject: RE: SKYPE AND IOS6

  Hi Carol,

  It is not difficult to switch to Speakerphone on Skype, however, it does not
work by simply taking your phone away from your ear as is the case for regular
phone calls. It is a bit tricky without headset because you do have to hear
Voiceover to tap on the right buttons/selections and this you can only do once
a call has started. Anyhow, here is how it works:

  1.       After you start a call double tap the second of the 5 buttons from
the left. The buttons are "Mute" on the very left, then "Earpiece/Headset",
"DialPad", "Show Options" and "End Call" on the very right. The second button
will say Earpiece if you do not have a headset connected and it will say
Headset if you do have a headset connected.

  2.       Once you double tap this a couple of choices pop up right above that
bottom row of buttons and one of them is Speakerphone.

  3.       Double tap Speakerphone and the call will switch to Speakerphone.

  Once Speakerphone is active the button along the bottom row will now say
Speakerphone as it always indicates whichever method you use for your call. If
you double tap on it the options come up again above and you can select
Earpiece or headset if you have one connected and switch back.

  If you ever make a video call the first option on the bottom left is Video,
then comes Mute and then Earpiece/Headset. You can turn video on or off and
select which camera you want to use in the same way as with Speakerphone.
Double tap Video, options will appear above with an option to turn on video if
you started as a voice call and want to start video or, if you started as a
video call you can turn video off or select the backfacing camera since by
default Skype uses the frontfacing camera.

  Every since the 4.0 update Skype continues to be fully accessible, I find it
very easy and intuitive to use and it still works just as well as ever under
iOS 6 although I don't think there has been an official update to support iOS
6. I think once you get the hang of how this works with these options showing
up after tapping the Video or Earpiece buttons you will have no problems.

  If you use the DialPad keep in mind that in Skype or, for that matter, in all
other Voip apps touch typing/dialing is not enabled and you have to double or
split tap to dial numbers on the DialPad both the main DialPad which you use to
call a number as well as the DialPad you would call up if you had to enter
numbers during a call, for example, if you ended up on a system which asked you
to dial an extention.

  As with the Phone app itself, using a headset does have a lot of advantages
and does make things a bit easier.