All this as well as   if English is your second language.
My wife hates Siri and gave up on using it and dictation but for the most basic
of text. German's her first language and while she's completely fluent in
English, she still has an accent. She's self-conscious of it and while I'm
probably bias, I don't think it's that pronounced. She does have what I might
consider a general "European" accent, but it's not like I live with the
governater or Boris and Natasha either. And even if I did, so what. You figure
dictation would be better at these sort of real world variables by now.
My German's not good enough to where it would make sense to be swapping texts
back and forth in German (although, it would probably help me to pick up more
stuff), so all our techy communication is in English.
Also the hassle if you're dealing with foreign sounding names. I have to say
"my sister" instead of Magdalena since 9 times out of 10, it'll get messed up.
Thank God I don't ever have to dictate my name. Lopez, Hernandez, Ramos is fine
if you gringo-fy the pronunciation, but good luck if you have to refer to
Horacio Vialpando Monreal for example...
 I've sent mistakes of boobs instead of boots. Fuck you instead of thank you.
I'm shitting instead of I'm sitting...
Spell checking can be so tiresome for every little text though. I’m sure I've
let a bunch of their instead of they're, cite sight and site where/wear go
through too. Wouldn't be surprised if some people think I'm illiterate by now.
Ah technology...

Cristóbal