Buying special products to clean your phone's screen is a waste of money, OK,
maybe a good microfiber cloth is an exception.

It's a piece of glass and a tough piece of glass at that. Yes, it does have the
Oleophobic coating which gives it a certain amount of finger smudge resistance,
but for the most part a soft cloth or even a couple of Kleenex will do the
trick, if not make the cloth wet with warm water, squeeze it well because you
want it damp but not dripping wet and just wipe the screen, then dry it using a
couple of Kleenex.

If you have a good microfiber cloth then use it or set one aside for this
purpose, you can dampen a corner for the tough dirt and then use the dry
portion to finish. Here is a good article with some information:

Oleophobic coating – what it is, how to clean your phone, what to do if the
coating wears
off<https://www.phonearena.com/news/Oleophobic-coating--what-it-is-how-to-clean-your-phone-what-to-do-if-the-coating-wears-off_id65974>

I prefer to use a good glass screen protector because not only will this allow
me to wipe it any which way I like since you can buy them on Amazon for about
$10 for a 3/pack so if it wears out I’ll just replace it. But for me the bigger
benefit comes when I want to buy a new phone which means I then will sell my
old one. I always keep the original packaging including those plastic films
that cover the screen and back of the phone. When I am ready to sell it I take
it out of the minimalist case I always have it in, I remove the screen
protector and wipe it all down with a nice soft cloth, again, first slightly
damp, then dry. After that and of course after resetting it back to factory
settings, I re-apply those thin plastic protectors, put everything back in the
original box. I usually go on Amazon and buy a new set of original Apple
Earpods which you can get for much cheaper on Amazon than from Apple and I then
advertise that it is a phone in perfect condition with a new headset and all
accessories in the original box. That usually goes a long way towards getting
the best price possible. My wife and I got the iPhone 8 at the beginning of
December and I recently sold my iPhone 6S Plus and my wife’s iPhone 6S, both
were 64Gb models, both were as described always in cases, with screen
protectors and we had the original packaging and we even gave the buyers the
new wall adapter, Lighting cable and I still had a couple of 3.5mm new headsets
which we no longer needed since the iPhone 8 needs the Lightning Earpods. I
advertised the phones locally on Varage Sale, a service similar to Craig’s List
and both sold within a few days. We asked $300 for my wife’s 6S and I sold it
for $250 and I sold my 6S Plus for the asking price of $400. That’s $650
combined and including the $150 downpayment and $15/month for 2 years for our
new iPhone 8 64Gb phones we’ll end up paying $1,020 in total for them, after
what we got for the old phones the new ones cost us a total of $370, $185 for
each of us for an iPhone 8, those are all Canadian Dollars.