I don't make the news, I just report it (LOL). Maybe they don't require interaction to be paired with. I've seen some devices that'll pair with anything that asks them to, including keyboards. Boy does that get wacky when two keyboards are typing into the same computer!

Why would they have their Bluetooth earphones switched on and in pairing mode? Strange.

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> *On Behalf Of *Steve Matzura
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:00 AM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: a funny, yet frightening, issue with my phone

Someone I know had the exact opposite problem. Their Bluetooth earphones started sounding off from inside their backpack when their phone wasn't on, playing music they would never play! Turned out someone in the next cubicle from theirs had paired their device with my friend's earphones without knowing it!