From: Richard Turner
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: Dates Saying as Words

hi Mike,
As far as I know, that is not a setting. If the date is written, 06/25/2019
it will read it as numbers.
If you wanted 06/ to always read as June, you could try creating a
pronunciation entry in the Pronunciation section of the VoiceOver Speech
settings.
I'm not sure if slashes are allowed, but it might be worth a try.
if it works, you could do an entry for all twelve months. Just remember that
if someone writes just 6/25/2019 it won't help. And I'm sure you don't want
every number 6 spoken as June.
Then you have those who use dashes when they write dates ...
Good luck,
Richard

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't
have any." -- Alice Walker